Tuesday, November 30, 2004

escape

* A spot where WE belong, that's just for us

A place to spend my quiet nights, time to unwind
So much pressure in this life of mine, I cry at times

No one knows my struggle, they only see the trouble

Prayin hard for better days, promise to hold on
...ain't have a choice but to roll on

a spot where WE can kick it
and no one bickers over trick shit

We still visualize places
And in my mind's eye I see this place

I got a spot for us all, so we can ball

Ain't no place I'd rather be
Only place that's right for me

Will I survive all the fights and the darkness?
Trouble sparks, they tell me home is where the heart is, dear departed

They'd rather see us locked in chains, please explain
why they can't stand us, is there a way for me to change?
Or am I just a victim of things I did to maintain?

Is there a spot for us to roll, if you find it
I'll be right behind ya, show me and I'll go

I need a house that's full of love when I need to escape

There has to be a place better than this, in heaven
So right before I sleep, dear God, what I'm askin
Remember this face, save me a place, in thug's mansion *



*excerpts from the song 'Thugs Mansion' by Tupac Shakur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home